- Fresh Food
- Youth Programs
- Workforce Training
- Cleaning & Greening
- Healthy Living Workshops
- Urban Waters
- Groundwork USA
Green Team Youth Program
The Groundwork Lawrence Green Team is a year-round program that offers part-time, paid positions for 10 Lawrence high school students each year to help learn about and lead local environmental and healthy community initiatives, conduct research, raise awareness, challenge their peers to do community service, and participate in hands-on improvement projects throughout the City of Lawrence. The program is intended to promote the protection and restoration of Lawrence’s critical ecological systems, natural resources, and public health by engaging teens in advocacy and service-learning efforts focused on the community's parks, gardens, waterways, and vacant open spaces. The Green Team program has dual goals - to prepare Lawrence’s youth for a lifetime of environmental and healthy community leadership, and to invest in our community’s future and capacity to improve its physical environment.
- Congratulations to Anthony Choquette for winning the Walden Woods Environmental Award!
- Click here to read about Green Team's involvement with the 2012 Farmers Markets!
- Check out Green Team's Public Service Announcements created over the past two summers at Lawrence Community Access TV!
- Check out Green Team's documentary!
- Click here to read Jannelvy and Migueyli's speeches from Glow Gala 2011!
- Groundwork Lawrence Youth Programs -see photos!
Read all about Green Team in their seasonal newsletters!
- School Year Program 2011-2012
- Summer Program 2011
- School Year Program 2010-2011
- Summer Program 2010
- School Year Program 2009-2010
- Summer Program 2009
- School Year Program 2008-2009
- Summer Program 2008
- School Year Program Spring 2008
- School Year Program Fall 2007
- January - September 2007
- ECCF's Spotlight on Green Team (pdf) Essex County Community Foundation 2011 Annual Report (p. 9)
- Hands-on, Minds-on, and Boots-on Learning (pdf) Massachusetts Audubon Magazine 2010
- Learn more about GWL's relationship with Mass Audubon
- Teen Sensations AMC Outdoors
- 2009 GWUSA Youth Summit and 2009 Glow Youth Art (pdf) Press Release
- Green Team helps grow fresh veggies for Lawrence Eagle Tribune
- GT attends Tufts UEP's 35 Anniv Event & speaks with Van Jones, Green for All
- GT's Environmental Expo Eagle Tribune
- Students take findings to Mexico summit (MS Word Scans) - Eagle Tribune - Summer 2006
- Green Team completes Ecological Rapid Assessments of the Spicket River in 2004 (5mb)
- View 2009-2010 photos
- View 2010-2011 photos
For more information about Green Team, contact Anna Rickards or call her at (978) 974-0770 X7004.