- M&L Rail Trail
- Spicket River Greenway
- Campagnone (North) Common
- Merrimack Riverwalk Trail
- Den Rock
- Open Space Plan
- Fresh Food
- Youth Programs
- Workforce Training
- Green Streets
- Cleaning & Greening
- Healthy Living Workshops
- Urban Waters
Groundwork Farmers Market
When and Where? Beginning July 6th
Wednesdays 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Campagnone North Common
Fridays 10:00AM - 3:00PM
254 Broadway, Methuen (next door to Methuen Federal Credit Union)
Saturdays 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Sullivan Park (Route 114), Lawrence MA (Intersection of Winthrop Street and North Parish Road, near Veterans Memorial Stadium)
Because fruits and vegetables grown locally are best for you, your health, and your family's health, because it supports local businesses, keeps money in our community, and is the best for the environment. Come and support your local farmers, to get fresh products, and connect with your neighbors.
All the farmers accept SNAP/EBT/food stamps as well as debit, credit, and cash; coupon program for the farmers market from Hospital Holy Family, WIC coupons and coupons for the elderly are also welcome. Please come and enjoy the view, flavors, and the smells of summer with us! For any questions or for more information, email at Rose Gonzalez or call her at (978) 974-0770 ext 7001.
Groundwork Farmers Market 2016 Sponsors
About SNAP/Food Stamp Benefits at the Lawrence Farmers Market
Local farmers and other vendors offer fresh and local products at affordable prices, as well as baked goods, honey, eggs, and crafts. Since Groundwork Lawrence took over the administration of the farmers market in 2006, we have sought to increase access to the market for all buyers through the acceptance of EBT (food stamps), credit and debit cards, in addition to the coupon program for the farmers market from Hospital Holy Family, thus increasing the redemption of the WIC and senior farmers market coupons. Today, the market offers a festive venue for the community with concerts, activities for the whole family with cultural and educational exhibitions.
Interested in being a vendor in one of our markets?
If you are a farmer, an artist, or prepared foods, please download, complete, and return the application to Rose Gonzalez at Groundwork Lawrence (978) 974-0770 ex 7001. We currently only have the documents in English, but we are in the process of translating them.
- 2016 Farmers Market Guidelines and Agreement
2015 Ag Vendor Product Availability List
2015 Prepared Foods/Craft Vendor Product List
See coverage and photos of the market:
- The Eagle Tribune covers GWL's Farmers Market in 2012
- The Eagle Tribune covers GWL's Farmers Market Network Expansion in 2010
- The Eagle Tribune covers Wetherbee students reciting poetry at GWL's Downtown Wednesday Farmers' Market in 2010
- The Eagle Tribune covers the 2008 Season
- The Eagle Tribune - Farmers and Shoppers Cope with Rising Prices
- The Boston Globe - Buying Local, Eating Fresh - see photos of the market and listen to one of Live Lawrence's Summer Concert performers, Inca Son.
- View Photos - check out our Flickr Photos!