Groundwork Lawrence (GWL) is looking for NEW Green Team Members.
This program offers part-time paid positions for high school students, ages 14 – 18, from Lawrence, MA to help lead local environmental initiatives, learn more about local food and nutrition through gardening and cooking, learn about the importance of physical activity, conduct outreach to their peers, take part in service projects and participate in hands-on improvement projects throughout the City of Lawrence. This is a year-round position for GWL, so we are looking for applicants committed to working both this summer (details below) as well as through the entire school year (about 15 hours a month). Please don’t apply if you are only interested in a summer position.
Program Participants will do the following:
- Work Monday – Thursday, July 5 – August 18, 2011, 9:30 - 2:30 PM
- Schedule may vary on certain days (you will receive a detailed schedule if hired) with additional hours for overnight and day-long field trips.
- Paid for 15 hours of work a week, at a rate of $8.00 per hour. A minimum of 5 additional
hours of service (volunteer) per week in included as part of the schedule.
- Participate in classroom-based and outdoor environmental trainings.
- Participate in Green Team’s Keepin’ It Fresh/Siempre Fresco Youth Venture which involves growing produce in local community gardens and selling it to local bodegas and restaurants in an effort to increase access to fresh, local, affordable fruits and vegetables in our city.
- Help to create and implement Nutrition and Energy Balance Workshops to other groups of youth in our community.
- Organize and participate in monthly Community Park Cleanup Events
- Volunteer on a local farm to provide fresh produce to local food pantries
- Engage other youth in positive environmental changes in the City of Lawrence
- Learn how to cook healthy meals from scratch and teach others!
- Create Public Service Announcements and other video projects to spread the word about the work that Green Team does.
- Participate in camping/hiking trips and possibly other retreats.
Please visit our Job Openings Page to download the full job description and application. Applications are due no later than Friday June 24, 2011 at 5:00pm. If we do not get your application, fully completed, by that time you will not be considered for a position.
Please no phone calls. We will call you if your background meets Green Team qualifications to set-up an interview.