Spring 2018 Season CSA Registration is now open! Sign up today!
|Announcing the Spring 2018 CSA Share Option!
Farmer Dave's CSA makes it easy to enjoy locally grown, farm-fresh produce every week – hand-picked, packed and delivered to a central location for your convenience. The Lawrence CSA program is run by Farmer Dave, who uses 50 Island St (Entry B) as a pickup location each Tuesday throughout the season. Please go to Farmer Dave's website to sign up for a 2018 share! By signing up for a share, you will receive weekly access to high quality, fresh, locally-grown produce. There are multiple share options ranging from fruit shares to pre-boxed or choice-style vegetable shares, so you can choose whichever suits your lifestyle best.
At GWL we aim to make fresh, healthy food available to everyone in the community, so we established a fund to subsidize the cost of fresh food including CSA shares, farmers market coupons and SNAP matching funds, for individuals and families experiencing financial hardship. Please consider donating to the program.
Why participate in a CSA?
Some of the benefits our past CSA members have described include:
- Eating locally—creating a direct connection to the source of your food and the farmer and increasing your knowledge about what can be grown here and when
- Access to high quality, fresh, locally-grown produce that tastes better!
- Better nutrition and health
- The chance to discover new vegetables, to share recipes, and to expand your knowledge of storing and preserving produce
- Decrease environmental impacts associated with growing and shipping produce
- Getting to meet new people and visit with old friends at the pickup site
- Save money!
About Farmer Dave's