The City of Lawrence, through its Community Development Department, will conduct Public Hearings and a Workshop regarding the development of the Consolidated Plan and the use of approximately $2.5 million in Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME grant funds available on or about July 1, 2010. Download English flyer(pdf).
La Ciudad de Lawrence, por medio de su Departamento de Desarrollo de la Comunidad, realizará Audiciones Públicas y un Taller con respecto al desarrollo del Plan Consolidado y el uso de aproximadamente $2.5 millones de fondos Federales para el Desarrollo de la Comunidad (CDBG) y subsidio HOME disponible alrededor de 1 julio de 2010. Más en español (pdf).
The City is soliciting proposals for Fiscal Year 11 CDBG funding. The December 8, 2009 Public Hearing will review the accomplishments of programs and projects receiving funding in the previous year, solicit ideas and recommendations for priorities in the new Consolidated Plan, and provide information on the CDBG funding for the upcoming year. The CDBG Workshop will explain the application process of for FY2011 CDBG funding. The hearings and workshops are fully accessible and open to all.
Completed applications must be received at the City of Lawrence Community Development Department no later than Monday, February 8, 2010 by 3:00 p.m.
Below is the schedule of 3 meetings related to the RFP process:
- Public Hearing: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:30-8:00 p.m. at the Lawrence Public Library (51 Lawrence Street)
- CDBG Workshop:Thursday, January 21, 2010, 6-7:30 p.m. at Lawrence Heritage State Park (One Jackson Street)
- Public Hearing and Presentations by Applicants: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 5-8:00 p.m. at the Lawrence Public Library (51 Lawrence Street)
The City of Lawrence is in the process of developing a new five-year Consolidated Plan that will establish community goals and guide resource allocations. The Consolidated Plan is a document required by the US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). The Plan will cover the period 2010-2014. The Consolidated Plan serves as
- a planning document …which builds on a participatory process
- a submission for Federal funds;
- a strategy to be followed in carrying out HUD programs; and
- a management tool for assessing performance and tracking results.
Individuals requiring Spanish translation or American Sign interpreters are asked to contact the office at (978) 620-3510 in advance of the meetings. Technical assistance in preparing your proposals will be available upon request.
For more information contact the Community Development Department at 978.620.3510